The Laboratory for road Operations, Perception, Simulators and Simulations (LEPSiS) is a multidisciplinary effort to foster innovative solutions for safe and efficient road traffic, focusing on the development of design, operation and diagnostic tools to ensure that road characteristics always meet users' needs.
LEPSiS conducts applied research in three complementing fields, at the interface of Computer Science and Cognitive Science:
- Vision and Automatic Control applied to Trajectories,
- Intelligent Systems applied to Traffic,
- Virtual Reality applied to Driving Simulators.
LEPSiS runs exceptional experimental facilities:
- a Photometry and Visibility Laboratory,
- several Driving Simulators (for cars, motorbikes and pedestrians).
LEPSiS also owns several instrumented motorcycles.